Thursday, January 19, 2012

[GAME] Blender, My Wolverine Soft 48-hour Submission

There was a game development competition at my school last weekend and the theme was combine. This is what I came up with and it ended up getting me third place! I didn't want to just stick to what I knew how to do so I learned mouse events and playing music. The music is not mine, it was taken from Newgrounds audio portal. The authors of the songs can be found in the readme.

My initial idea for the game was to combine colors to unlock new parts of a world somehow. I ended up with a maze where you collect colors and combine them to unlock doors. Give it a try! I've also put the source code in the file if you want to dig through it and see how I implemented things. It was all written in C++ using SDL.

Link:
Blender

What I learned:
  • Mouse events
  • Playing music
Where I'm going from here:
  • Continuing work on Sneak Thief (close to finishing it)
  • Starting a game with procedurally generating terrain




No comments:

Post a Comment