Thursday, November 24, 2011

[DEMO] Animation and Sprite Layers

This is where I first learned how to use sounds, do basic animation, and create sprite layers. One thing I tried to do and failed is create a seemingly infinite tile world that wraps around when you hit the edges. The program will crash when you hit the edges because of this. Otherwise, use the arrow keys to move and space to jump. The jump animation is very simple and the movement is still jumping between tiles.

The download:
Animation and Layers

What I learned from making this:
  • Simple animation of a character
  • Foreground and background tiles
  • Foreground animation (the rain)
  • Sounds
What I failed at:
  • Creating a seemingly infinite map

Where I plan on going from here:
  • Make movement animations
  • In game music

No comments:

Post a Comment